Item: Live-well OsteRELIEF 60's
The 2-in-1 Synergistic Pain Relief Formula containing Patented Willow Bark (EFLA 462) from Flachsmann of Switzerland and Standardized extract of Cat's Claw- traditionally used to relief joint and back pain.
This synergistic combination offers satisfactory pain relief, anti-inflammatory action as well as cartilage protection. It's suitable for long-term use as it is relatively free from side-effects unlike conventional pain killers. Conventional Drugs such as Paracetamol, NSAIDs e.g. aspirin, ibuprofen, diclofenac and COX-2 Inhibitors are all with side-effects such as peptic ulcers, stomach ulcers and also increases the risk of heart attack, stroke and even fatality. Thus, in this connection, they are not to be taken long term. To add to that, studies have shown that NSAIDs can actually destroy joint cartilage.
- Williams JE. Review of antiviral and immunomodulating properties of plants of the Peruvian rainforest with a particular emphasis on Una de Gato and Sangre de Grado. Altern Med Rev. 2001 Dec;6(6):567-79.
- Sheng Y, Akesson C, Holmgren K, Bryngelsson C, Giamapa V, Pero RW. An active ingredient of Cat's Claw water extracts identification and efficacy of quinic acid. J Ethnopharmacol. 2005 Jan 15;96(3):577-84. Covered by patent nos. 6,039,238 and 6,23,675.
- Pilarski R, Zielinski H, Ciesiolka D, Gulewicz K. Antioxidant activity of ethanolic and aqueous extracts of Uncaria tomentosa (Willd.) DC. J Ethnopharmacol. 2006 Mar 8;104(1-2):18-23.
- Piscoya J, Rodriguez Z, Bustamante SA, Okuhama NN, Miller MJ, Sandoval M. Efficacy and safety of freeze-dried cat抯 claw in osteoarthritis of the knee: mechanisms of action of the species Uncaria guianensis. Inflamm Res. 2001 Sep;50(9):442-8.
- Sandoval-Chacon M, Thompson JH, Zhang XJ, et al. Antiinflammatory actions of cat's claw: the role of NF-kappaB. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 1998 Dec;12(12):1279-89.
- Akesson C, Lindgren H, Pero RW, Leanderson T, Ivars F. An extract of Uncaria tomentosa inhibiting cell division and NF-kappa B activity without inducing cell death. Int Immunopharmacol. 2003 Dec;3(13-14):1889-900.
- Miller MJ, Ahmed S, Bobrowski P, Haqqi TM. The chrondoprotective actions of a natural product are associated with the activation of IGF-1 production by human chondrocytes despite the presence of IL-1beta. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2006 Apr 7;6:13.
- Mur E, Hartig F, Eibl G, Schirmer M. Randomized double blind trial of an extract from the pentacyclic alkaloid-chemotype of uncaria tomentosa for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol. 2002 Apr;29(4)
- Meier B., et al. (1998) in: Schneider G., et al. (eds.) Hagers Handbuch, 5th edition, (Vol. 3): 469-496
- Bettschart A., et al. (1985) Pharm. Acta Helv., 60(9-10): 269-275
- Chrubasik S., et al. (2000) 3rd int. congress Phytomedicine, October 11-13, Munich
- Bombardier C., et al., N. Engl. J. Med. 2000; 343(21): 1520-1528
- Silverstein FE., et al., JAMA 2000; 284(10): 1247-1255 / Wolfe MM., et al.,
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- Those Suffering from Osteoarthritis
- Those Suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Those Suffering from Lower Back Pain
- Others include those suffering from : Tendonitis, Bursitis , Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Effective pain relief control
- Anti-inflammatory agent
- Protects cartilage breakdown
60 vegetable capsules (blister packed - 10's per strip X 6)
HOW TO TAKE
Take 1 capsule 2-3 times daily after meal
Pregnant and Nursing Mothers
|Active Ingredients Per Capsule||Strength|
|Willow Bark (Salix sp.) EFLA* 462 Std. Ext|
(Standardized to contain 6.4% -12% Salacin)
*EFLA 462 is manufactured using patented POLYSHIELD process from Flachsmann, Switzerland. This process protects all the active components in Willow Bark. It is these various active components that provides the pain relief
|Cat's Claw (Uncaria tomentosa) Std. Ext|
(Standardized to contain min 4% alkaloids)