Item: Live-well LIVAGARD 60's
The 2-in-1 Synergistic Liver Formula containing Essential Phospholipids (EPL) together with Alpha Lipoic Acid, a potent universal Antioxidant for Protection against Fatty Liver and Other liver-related Conditions.
The liver is one of the most important organs that carry out hundreds of specialized function including detoxification of toxic substances such as alcohol, drugs and environmental toxins. These toxic substances also generate free radicals which can further damage the liver cells.
All liver functions including detoxification occur on the cell membranes of liver cells. If the membranes are damaged by excessive consumption of alcohol, for example, this can lead to a serious disorder such as fatty liver, which represents a milder form of liver damage.
If the person continues to consume alcohol cirrhosis may eventually developed. WithLive-well LIVAGARD, the damaged liver tissues slowly resume their function, dead cells are replaced with new cells and liver starts to repair itself.
- Kidd P. Phosphatidylcholine: A superior protectant against liver damage. Alt Med Rev. 1996;1:258-274.
- Lieber CS. Alcohol, protein nutrition, and liver injury. Curr Concepts Nutr. 1983;12:49-71.
- Lieber CS. Alcohol, liver, and nutrition. J Am Coll Nutr. 1991;10:602-632.
- Lieber CS. Relationships between nutrition, alcohol use, and liver disease. Alcohol Res Health. 2003;27:220-231.
- Lieber CS. Alcohol and the liver: 1994 update. Gastroenterology. 1994;106:1085-1105.
- Lieber CS. Alcohol and the liver: Metabolism of alcohol and its role in hepatic and extrahepatic diseases. Mt Sinai J Med. 2000;67:84-94.
- Turecky L, Kupcova V, Szantova M, Uhlikova E. Plasma lipid parameters in patients with alcoholic fatty liver after treatment with essential phospholipids. Bratisl Lek Listy. 2003;104:227-231.
- Lieber C. Pathogenesis and treatment of alcoholic liver disease. In: Lam S, Paumgartner G, Wang B, eds. Update on hepatobiliary diseases. Dordrecht, Germany: Kluwer Academic Publishers; 1996:69-84.
- Knuchel F. [Double-blind study in patients with alcoholic toxic fatty liver. Effect of essential phospholipids on enzyme behavior and lipid composition of the serum]. Med Welt. 1979;30:411-416.
- Schuller-Perez A, San Martin F. Controlled study using multiply-unsaturated phosphatidylcholine in comparison with placebo in the case of alcoholic liver steatosis. Med Welz. 1985;72:517-521.
- Buchman AL, Dubin M, Jenden D, et al. Lecithin increases plasma free choline and decreases hepatic steatosis in long-term total parenteral nutrition patients. Gastroenterology. 1992;102:1363-1370
- Khanna, S., Atalay, M., Laaksonen, D.E. et al. Alpha-lipoic acid supplementation: tissue glutathione homeostasis at rest and after exercise. J. Appl. Physiol. 1999 Apr; 86(4): 1191-6.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- Those who consume alcohol on regular basis.
- Those who take drugs on long-term basis.
- Those infected with liver viruses (Hepatitis A, B C viruses) and Hepatitis B carriers.
- Those with fatty liver.
- Provides nutritional support in the management of damaged liver such as fatty liver (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), chronic hepatitis, alcohol and drug induced liver damage
- Protect against liver damage from alcohol, drugs, infection due to viruses.
60 Liqfil™ Vegetable Capsules
HOW TO TAKE
|Those with Healthy Liver:|
Dosage: Take 1 capsule 2-3 times daily after meals.
|Those with some form of Liver Damage ( e.g. fatty liver, hepatitis)|
Dosage: Take 1 capsule Live-well LIVAsential and 2 capsules of Live-well LIVAGARD - Twice daily after meals